How to use wall stickers
Wall stickers are a fantastic way to add some interest to a bare wall. Whether you are sticking a cup of tea on your kitchen wall, a welcome on your hallway or a play figures in a children’s room, there are some sticker rules that you need to follow in order to get the best results.
It’s important to know what you are trying to avoid with wall stickers. Bubbles getting into the stickers, or the stickers not sticking properly are really going to mess up your wall. If you find yourself in a situation where you have to stick and unstick again, you are looking at potentially hours of work to remedy the situation, so bare this in mind before you start.
So now we have gotten the dangers out of the way, we can get onto the fun stuff! Although there are many different types of wall stickers out there, you really want to choose a vinyl wall sticker over any other kind. This is because vinyl has a cleanable surface, and is quite resistant to dirt, dust and grime which can erode the stickiness of stickers.
You will need:
- Wash bucket and cloth
- Towel / dry cloth
- A friend / someone to help you
All wall stickers will come with their own set of instructions, however as a general rule: here is how to apply your vinyl wall sticker:
- Clean the area that you are sticking on to make sure there is nothing that will interfere with the glue that holds the sticker to the wall. This means that if you have to, blow dry the wall after you have cleaned it so that it is as dry and clean as possible.
- Place newspaper down near to the wall that you are sticking on, and place your sticker on it so that it mirrors the wall and you can see clearly how your sticker will have to look. Lightly pencil the space on the wall you want your sticker to occupy. Step back a few times and look at the wall, until you are confident that this is indeed your stickers new home.
- Wall stickers will normally have sticky backing on them, so wherever you can, begin applying the sticker in small sections, As tempting as it is to take the whole thing and press it to the wall, do not do this as you will get a messy load of bubbly pattern and a load of headache trying to rectify the mess.
- Stick the middle point of your sticker first, as this will make sure you are in the correct area
- Cover your ruler with a clean cloth, and use it in an ironing motion to press the sticker to the wall, being careful to make sure no bubbles collect.
- If bubbles do collect, use the pin to make several tiny piercings which will allow you to push the air out, without making a crease
- Stand back, and admire your wall sticker.
FeaturedImprovements - Tuesday, March 27, 2012 @ 10:52 AM
A lot of people are fascinated by different futuristic concepts such as concept motorcycles and car, but when it comes to a concept house, it seems to grab everyone's attention. These futuristic houses do more than appeal to people's sense of styles,...
[ Continue reading ]
- Find Out More
- Keywords on Page
- Found With
how best to use wall stickers by search.yahoo.com at 10/12/13 ;
how do i use wall decals by search.yahoo.com at 06/03/13 ;
how to use wall stickers for home decor by search.yahoo.com at 10/12/13 ;
www cloth press on sticker com by search.conduit.com at 09/03/12 ;
how to use wall sticker by search.yahoo.com at 11/03/12 ;
how to use wall stickers to decorate by www.bing.com at 11/27/12 ;
how to decorate walls with wallstickers by www.delta-search.com at 03/12/13 ;
wall stickers by www.google.com at 08/28/13 ;
how to keep a wall decal when not using it by www.bing.com at 09/18/13 ;
how to use wall decals by search.yahoo.com at 10/04/13 ;
how to use mirror wall sticker? by ph.search.yahoo.com at 10/09/13 ;
how to use wall stickers by search.yahoo.com at 10/12/13 ;
sticker to wall how to decorate by www.bing.com at 11/13/13 ;
how to use stickers on walls by search.yahoo.com at 11/22/13 ;
how to use wall sticker by www.bing.com at 12/19/13 ;
how to use of wall sticks by www.bing.com at 03/19/14 ;
how to use wall sticker by in.yhs4.search.yahoo.com at 03/28/14 ;